Thursday, July 30, 2009

Child Modeling: Exploitation for Marketing




Dear all,

I don't know about you, but this really depressed the hell out of me...

Lomar, the famous thobe brand, had a kids fashion show yesterday. If you think child modeling is wrong, then please speak up and express your opinion on the event wall. I don't know what's gotten into people... Money I guess... and stupidity... On the other hand, if you think I'm a crazy hippie, then just google "child modeling, exploitation for marketing."
A good example of child exploitation is guesskids.com.

When I wrote on the wall expressing how I feel about this, Anwar Idriss messaged me asking me to explain my theory. When I explained, he replied saying "No comment. I respect your opinion", which didn't surprise me at all.

The only way we can stop this from becoming a trend in Saudi Arabia is expressing how we really feel about it. If you think it's wrong, please write on the wall. Now's your chance to determine whether child modeling will become a common thing in Saudi advertising or not. It's up to you... The coming generations will blame us when their kids turn out messed up because they never had a real childhood. You might also want to research the pros and cons of child modeling to understand what I mean.
How would you have felt as a kid if someone told you that you couldn't play or nap whenever you felt like it? This kids fashion show is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment