Monday, January 19, 2009

The Master Plan

Told you I was an addict.. I couldn't stay away!
Anyways, I said I was straight forward, so might as well put all my cards on the table now.
I've researched bloggers in Saudi Arabia, and I stumbled upon an article on timesonline.co.uk about a saudi blogger named Hadeel Al Hodaif, who died unexpectedly after slipping into a coma 2 days after she turned 25. It is truly inspiring what this one young woman did in her short life. I am 20 already and I haven't achieved anything for the community that I live in.

I've also  stumbled upon Saudi Jeans. It used to be a humble blog, but now it's a website www.saudijeans.org
The topics are great, and all of us here in  Saudi Arabia can definitely relate to. I really encourage you to have a look and to participate in the discussions. 
I personally was not even aware of how advanced the Saudi blogger community was... Obviously I was not in the right circle of people back on Facebook- not that they weren't intellectual-  but most people just avoided getting into serious topics. 

I look forward to the rest of my journey in the "Blogosphere" (I love how blogging is a world on its own).

Regards,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment